Friday, August 08, 2008

Pictures

I enjoy the stories and examples that the Bible gives us to try and understand the enormous love that God has. Did you know that God keeps our names continually before Him? Isaiah 49:16 says that God engraves us on the palm of His hand. Sounds like God has that first love kind of love. I remember when my wife and I first fell in love, the intensity of it, the passion of it, the strength of it. Gods love is like that, now and always. In verse 15 God compares His love to a mother of a nursing child, again a picture of a strong emotional love. What love can be greater than mother and child. In Luke 15 Jesus compares Gods love to a father who is looking and yearning for the return of a prodigal son. When he sees the son in the distance he runs to him. God is excited to be with us and is overjoyed when we return to Him. Gods love is greater than the love of a mother, the love of a father and the love of first love. We are His treasured possession. Malachi 3:17 “They shall be mine, says the Lord of hosts, in the day when I make up my treasured possession, and I will spare them as a man spares his son who serves him.


If Gods house was burning and He could only bring out a few precious items He'd take you!

No comments: