Monday, August 11, 2008

Truth

I was asked at work, in the hearing of others, if people of other religions were going to heaven. The person asking me was testing my faith in Christ. He was playing got ya. I do not like the feeling that I have when this moment comes, and if you share Christ it comes up often. I tell them the truth. It does not matter what I think. Jesus said about himself“I am the truth the way and the life no one comes to the Father but through me.” According to Jesus heaven is not the goal anyway but a relationship with God is. All other religions are guesses about God. Jesus is the truth, and he says about himself, that he is the truth. I didn’t say it, Jesus said it. It really does not matter what I think but now it does matter what you think. C. S. Lewis wrote that to say the things Jesus said your options are limited to the following:1. He really wasn’t who he said he was and knew it which makes him a liar.2. He really wasn’t who he said he was but believed it which makes him a lunatic.3. He was who he said he was and said so which makes him Lord.Lord, liar or lunatic, the decision is yours. But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even those who believe in His name. John 1: 12.

No comments: